Saturday 30 June 2012

Singapore to Los Angeles

Insane 18 hours trip from Singapore Changi Airport to Los Angeles International Airport and another 4 hours of transfer flight to Las Vegas McCarran International Airport.

After checking in at Terminal 3, we went to the business class lounge (SATS Premier Lounge) for FOOD! Nice ambience and the food is better than Krisflyer Gold Lounge.



Forever 21 Red Peacoat
Forever 21 Black Oxford Shoes

ASOS Paul's Boutique Olivia Bag
ASOS Black Leggings


The first dish was macaroni topped with parmesan cheese!


Took three sandwiches but I only ate one which is the tomato, cucumber with cheese because the other two were cold and just don't taste right. The sushis are better than Sushi Tei's. Looking at the sushis make me crave for Japanese cuisine!

First serving


Second serving! With more sushis! And noodles with mushrooms and sauce! The desserts aren't too sweet so it's to my liking :) Wanted to eat more but it was time to board the plane :l



MY FAVOURITE YAM PASTE! ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥


We boarded the plane at 3pm and I was so excited because it was my virgin trip to the United States! I love flying with Singapore Airlines. I have never flown with other airlines before but during this trip, I took domestic flight (non SQ) and I realized how good SQ is, in terms of service and... everything!

Air Stewardesses from some other airlines, they won't even say "welcome" or "goodbye/thank you". Maybe US has too many airlines they don't bother about training and development.



I didn't get the window seat but there were some empty window seats so I moved to mum and dad's row!


Active noise cancelling headphones, slippers and eye masks for extra comfort :)

Watched Cesar Millan's show on the plane! The Dog Whisperer ; Delta and Dong Dong (Killer in the window) with Apple Juice. I also brought Cesar Millan's book with me though I didn't have any chance to read it. 



At about 5pm SIN, dinner was served.
PRELUDE Satay with onion, cucumber and spicy peanut sauce

STARTER Salad of hot smoked salmon Mediterranean style with mesclun, pickled vegetables and herb vinaigrette





DESSERT Viennetta ice cream with citrus compote



Sunset at somewhere near Japan, towards the Pacific Ocean :)
Dad and other passengers were sleeping soundly and when I lifted the window cover, I saw this beautiful sight and quickly grabbed my camera and captured it. The clouds were so thick and fluffy!


I LOVE WATCHING SUNSET FROM THE PLANE ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

This is the main reason why I want to choose window seat.
Flying in the plane gives a very magical feeling. It's just so magical. The world is beautiful.




Watched some movies before I sleep! The air stewards and stewardesses offer snacks almost every hour or so. I gained weight even before I touched down in LA!


My playlist! I was so glad they have Time To Say Goodbye by Andrea Bocelli. This is my favorite classical crossover :) Yup, some big bang and disney songs!


I slept for 8 hours, which is my usual sleeping hours when I don't have school. 

Before touch down...

STARTER Marinated scallops, parma with endive, tomato mozzarella 
Got to love with marinated scallops and parma! Don't like mozzarella though. I only eat certain kind of cheese.


Checking the flight information while waiting for the main. Flew across the Pacific Ocean and reaching Los Angeles!


MAIN Scrambled egg with chicken sausage, grilled tomato, mushrooms and potatoes
Not really into western food except the mushrooms. I love mushrooms!



FINALLY IN LOS ANGELES! I was hoping to see some angels there...


The beauty of mother earth and United States ~


As a Geography student, I'm always looking out for landforms such as meanders etc. when I'm on plane. There is nothing in Singapore for us to study.




♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment